Here's one of the video presented at VMWorld.
The Software Defined Datacenter (#SDDC).
more @ VMware-NOW
29 August, 2012
27 August, 2012
I've followed VMworld 2012 San Francisco general session with the VMware NOW Live stream.
CEO Pat Gelsinger starts speaking first:
the bigger news are:
- Sphere 5.1 is released and No more vRAM entitlement for VMware licensing. The license will be calculate just per socket.
- VMware re-affirms it's commitment to Open Source Cloud management
- "Monster VM" now scales to 64 vCPUs and 1 million+ IOPS hence support very demanding applications (i.e.:Exchange, SAP; Oracle, Medical applications)
CTO Steve Harrod on stage speaks about VCD and
- BigData and Project Serengeti,
- Hadoop Clusters on demand
- Enhanced vMotion
- Storage directions (No more LUNS but vVols)
- Ecosystem around VXLAN
- Security Enhacements
Finally some words about DynamicOPS, acquired in August that will provide agilem self service and policy-based provisioning
Replay of #VMwareNOW keynote at #VMworld will be available on-demand Mon afternoon PST http://t.co/XytVKRsz
26 August, 2012
From VMware site,
VMware CMO Rick Jackson invites all to view the VMworld keynote live for breaking news that will help accelerate your transition to cloud computing.
Important announcements coming Aug 27, VMworld keynote streamed live. Don't miss it!
#VMwareNOW - ow.ly/d3D1s
13 August, 2012
From VMworld site:
Don't miss VMworld 2012 and take advantage of this exceptional opportunity for IT and business professionals.Register now...
Navigating the world of cloud computing can be daunting. Not only does it demand a new level of innovation and performance, it requires the confidence to push system and software delivery to the next level.
At VMworld 2012, we offer the tools and training you need to master this new landscape, with the speed, security and control you've come to expect. We are ready. The technology is here. And the partners are in place. Move with the boldness of the industry that never sleeps — go with the power of VMware at your side.