while surfing the Internet I came across a site on which you can find computer based training for a lot of different technologies. They have just released their CBT for ESX virtualization technology: I'm lucky and they send me the complete training to have a look to.
The course is very complete and presents also the technology that could go together with virtualization (P2V, VCB, third party software...).
All the course is divided in about twenty chapters: each chapter is an HQ video that explains the chapter subjects.
Nothing must be installed on your workstation and all the course chapters are attendable from your browser (in picture you can see the starting page of Disc 2 of the training)
However this kind of course do not give you the ability to get the VCP exam and if you are intrested in having the certification you MUST attend a classroom course teached by a Certified VmWare Trainer.
This course give you the ability to understand better what's going on in your virtual datacenter, if you have one, or to get a solid base to start virtualizing. The course is distributed by TrainSignal
Here are just some of the training you will find in Trainsignal VMware ESX Server Training Videos:
- Discover what virtualization is, the many ways to utilize it.
- Find out about the different types of virtualization.
- Find out how to select the right hardware needed for virtualization, RAM, CPU, Disk Storage.
- See the step-by-step installation process for VMware ESX Server, as well as for VMware Virtual Infrastructure and VMware Virtual Center
- Maintain your VMware ESX Server configuration and all of your virtual guest machines with the Virtual Infrastructure Client's visual interface, as well as the service console.
- Discover how to create virtual machines, virtual appliances, resource pools, clusters, and much more.
- Find out how to configure and manage VMware Server using VMware Management Interface and VMware Server Console.
- Learn how to use Tasks, Events, Alarms, and Maps in VMware ESX Server.
- Understand what Virtual Machine Snapshots are and how to use them.
- Discover the many different types of virtual networking with VMware and their advantages
- Learn how to clone and migrate virtual machines: V2V and P2V.
- Find out the different types of backups available for VMware, as well as third party companies.
- Get familiar with the new features in VMWare ESX Server 3.5 and VMware ESX Server 3i.
- Learn how to efficiently update VMware ESX Server with little to no downtime!